Nickel Alloy 825
Stainalloy has grown into an established inventory and project management organization. Unsurpassed technical know-how, excellent relationships with leading manufacturers and years of experience make Stainalloy the expert in supplying Nickel Alloy 825.
- Offers resistance to reducing and oxidizing acids
- Offers resistance to stress corrosion cracking
- Offers resistance to localized attack such as pitting and crevice corrosion
- Resistant to sulfuric and phosphoric acids
- Excellent mechanical properties at temperatures up to 1000°F
- Approved for use on pressure vessels at wall temperatures of 900°F
Nickel Alloy 825
Nickel Alloy 825 is a non-magnetic nickel-based alloy with a high content of chromium, copper and molybdenum. The alloy offers great resistance to oxidizing and corrosive environments. And is also highly resistant to sulfuric and phosphoric acids.
Also, Nickel Alloy 825 is resistant to stress corrosion cracking and localized corrosion attacks, such as intergranular corrosion, pitting corrosion and crevice corrosion. The mechanical properties of the alloy provide excellent performance under severe conditions. Both at extremely low cryogenic and moderately high temperatures up to 1000°F. When exposed to temperatures above 1000°F, the microstructure can change. This results in a significant reduction in ductility and impact strength.
Nickel alloy 825 is used for upstream oil and gas fluids, chemical processing and nuclear applications. But also, in pollution control, acid production and components in pickling equipment such as heating coils, tanks, baskets and chains.