Duplex UNS S31803 / S32205
Stainalloy is very experienced in supplying Duplex UNS S31803/S32205 pipe materials. We have been doing this for more than 30 years. Our extensive experience has enabled us to develop unparalleled technical know-how and excellent relationships with the leading manufacturers.
Duplex UNS S31803/S32205
Duplex UNS S31803/S32205 is an austenitic ferritic stainless steel with high strength. Duplex UNS S31803/S32205 is used for corrosive environments and is resistant to localized corrosion such as pitting, crevice corrosion and stress corrosion cracking. Due to its austenitic ferritic chemical composition, the pipe material has mechanical properties capable of handling high stress conditions. The use of ordinary austenitic stainless steel would not be strong enough in these situations.
Duplex UNS S31803/S32205 is characterized by:
- High resistance to stress corrosion cracking in halide-containing environments.
- Resistant to pitting and crevice corrosion.
- Resistant to general corrosion.
- High mechanical strength.
- Resistant to erosion corrosion and corrosion fatigue.
Duplex UNS S31803/S32205 is used among others for upstream production of high chloride oil & gas liquids. In addition, Duplex UNS S31803/S32205 can be used for other various applications including:
- FGD gas scrubbers
- Seawater systems
- Chemical process vessels, pipes and heat exchangers
- Seawater pumps and valves
- Oilfield piping
- Pulp mill digesters, bleach scrubbers
- Feed process equipment